Did You Miss Me?

So many of you have asked me where I’ve been the last couple months and whether I was finished with blogging, I thought I would address it.

No, I’m not done blogging! And no, I’m not so overwhelmed with being a mom that I just can’t write a post.

Honestly, I sat down and wrote posts for five weeks in a row after the last post I published, and guess what? They were lame. I don’t want to write a post every week simply for the sake of writing one or maintaining a presence in your inbox or on social media. I’ve subscribed to blogs like that and it’s boring! I hate filler posts that are written so that the author can check off “Write New Post” on his or her to do list. I can always tell when I’m reading one of those… and I get irritated. So, you won’t see those from me.

The truth is, all I care about right now is my little baby. And while he is adorable and amazing, I promise that you all would get sick of reading about him after about two sentences. “Malcolm ate mashed up pears today!” Ok, maybe only one sentence. Conveniently enough, that’s about the length of an Instagram caption so, if you miss me, go read all about me and Malcolm on Instagram. I post fairly regularly and I share to my Instagram story ALL. THE. TIME. Probably too much.

When I started this blog I remember saying frequently that this will not be a “mom blog” because being a mother is only a part of who I am. Well, that’s true…. but it’s also my favorite part of who I am. So, while this won’t be exclusively a “mom blog,” per se, expect to see a whole lot of content devoted to motherhood and Malcolm. It’s like in Mean Girls when Cady says “I spent about 80% of my time talking about Regina and the other 20% of the time I was praying somebody else would bring her up so I could talk about her more.” That’s how I feel about Malcolm. I indulge other conversations so that I don’t end up a lonely old hag, but I’m really not interested in anything besides my kid and your kids if you have any.

I do have a few things in the works that I think are worth publishing and hopefully you will find interesting enough to read. If there is anything you WANT to hear about, please please please let me know!

p.s. I also get asked a dozen times a day how motherhood is going. It’s fantastic. Malcolm is almost four months old now and I’m loving every minute of it, even (sometimes) the sleepless nights. He is super social and loves to watch people talk. He is also very independent- his happy place is in his high chair looking at everybody (literally everybody in the room must pay attention to him or he cries) but not being held. Our biggest struggle right now is losing the pacifier… as a substitute, he takes any object he can and shoves it so far down his throat that he gags. It’s not going very well… yet.

About lauraandersonweiss

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *