If you know me, you know that I have always wanted to be a mom. I talked a little bit about that in a previous post. I love little kiddos and big kiddos. I love snuggly babies and super ornery little boys. I love flipping kids around, chasing them all over, reading them stories, everything. I love when they grow up and can have meaningful conversations. I love helping them work through their struggles as teens. I have always wanted my own kids to mother and take care of. And now I have my own sweet little boy!
On November 15, 2017, Kenny and I welcomed our son into the world. Malcolm Fitzgerald Weiss was born at 8pm, weighing 8lbs, 1oz. He is so precious I cannot stand it. I’ll be posting a birth story and my favorite pictures at some point, but I won’t make any promises as to when considering I’m posting this in the wee hours of Sunday morning instead of at some point on Friday. We just finished up our first full day at home which included our first pediatrician appointment and our first trip to Target. Naturally, things are a little more chaotic than usual around here, but we are so happy and at peace now that we have our son here with us.
Yes, yes I’ll do a post of pictures at some point, too.
Here’s a sneak preview:
With Malcolm’s birth, I can finally cross off the very last thing on my Bucket List. Yes, I know that’s a little sad, but it’s a very old bucket list- I made it as a pre-teen at some point. On the list are the following:
- Get a dog – I got a Lhasa Apso in 2011
- Go to Alaska – We went on a family camping trip in Alaska in 2004
- Get married – Kenny and I got married in 2014
- Donate blood- I first donated blood in 2008
- Donate hair- I donated my hair in 2013
- Get a tattoo – I got a tattoo about a year ago
- Be a guardian ad litem/ lawyer – I was sworn in as an attorney in 2016
- Finish college – I graduated from Elon University in 2011 (I guess I knew that I would get INTO college, but might not finish it. Very specific bucket list, Young Laura)
- Be a mother – CHECK!
- Change someone’s life – Kenny crossed this off the list years ago
I really should have called it a “Before I Turn 30 List” or something since I didn’t really dream very big. But the truth is, this was all I wanted out of life. These 10 things. And now I get to cross off the very last thing: ‘Be a mother.”
Welcome to the world baby Malcolm! p.s. sorry about that time I talked about your private parts on the internet. Your Uncle Elliot has told me that in ten years you will hate me for it.